Deliciously healthy baked blueberry donuts that are light, soft, and perfect for breakfast! With just over 100 calories, these Skinny Blueberry Donuts are a fun and easy treat that’s perfect for any breakfast or brunch gathering! #bakeddonuts #homemadedonuts #easydonutr
Wedding Planning 101: Keep It Simple With A Wedding Timeline For Brides And Grooms
You certainly want to enjoy this wonderful and magical time in your life but you know that planning your own wedding is going to be a big job! The following checklists might make it a little easier for you to keep it simple, keep it organized and keep you sane!
The 12-Month Countdown
6-12 Months Before Your Wedding…
The wedding date has been set and now like any large project, it’s a good idea to step back and take a look at the big picture first, then break it down to the finer details later.
The Big Picture: Who, What, Where and How:
- Decide who will pay for what, where you’ll get married and how expenses will be shared
- Talk to friends, family, bridal consultants or wedding coordinators to get the direction you need for starting an organization system.
- For most couples, the wedding day can be a blur, so decide early on the best way to capture your special day’s cherished memories – like with an Adesso Photo Guest Book.
Once you have your organization system in place, start going down your to-do detail list. Here are a few of the critical ones:
- Call your church or synagogue for an appointment with the Officiate
- Explore pre-marriage counseling
- Decide on what size wedding you want
- Consider and decide on wedding attendants
- Start a guest list for the wedding
- Begin determining ideas/themes/color schemes for your wedding and reception
- Select a reception location and a caterer if need be
- Consider reception entertainment
- Select a florist
- Together, shop for wedding rings
- Select a wedding dress, headpiece and schedule fittings
- Decide on the bridesmaids’ dresses
4 – 6 Months Prior To Wedding Date…
As the wedding date gets closer, the to-do list will consist of finer and finer details. And because you put an organization system in place months ago, you won’t miss a one!
- Check details and requirements for marriage license
- Coordinate theme and color schemes with florist and decorator
- Decide on a gift registry and register your gift selections
- Order your invitations and other wedding stationery
- Shop for the groom’s attire and select what the men in the wedding will wear
- Select wedding ceremony readings
- Select wedding ceremony music
- Decide and order wedding favors
- Select a bakery for the cake
- Arrange and plan honeymoon
- Review your agreements with all your vendors and service providers to insure you haven’t forgotten any details.
2-Months… and Counting
- Mail out invitations
- Arrange and plan your rehearsal dinner
- Select and purchase your wedding day accessories
- Arrange attendant’s parties
- Coordinate and prepare accommodations for out-of-town guests
- Select a hairdresser and makeup artist and schedule those appointments
- Finalize those honeymoon plans
1-Month To Go!
- Last wedding dress fitting
- Final fitting for bridesmaids’ dresses
- Final fitting for men attendants
- Get marriage license
- Have your wedding attendant’s parties
- Shop and purchase your outfit to wear when you leave the reception
- Organize the final check list of wedding day events
- Confirm all the wedding day “accessories” are in order, i.e. rings, pillows, garter, etc.
2-Weeks Remaining! It’s finalizing time.
- Finalize entertainment arrangements
- Go over and finalize music lists, and special music events, i.e. first dance, dance with parents, etc.
1-Week Before Your Big Day!
- Review your marriage license to make sure it’s in order
- Prepare seating arrangements for ceremony
- Prepare payment envelopes for Officiate, entertainment and vendors and give to the person who will handle that
- Confirm honeymoon reservations
- Make necessary honeymoon preparations, i.e. bank, traveler’s checks, etc.
- Prepare and pack for honeymoon
- Confirm out-of-town guest accommodations and transportation
- Check in with the florist to confirm arrival time set up
- Have your wedding ceremony rehearsal letting everyone know what they will do on the wedding day
- Have and ENJOY your rehearsal dinner!
Your Wedding Day!
- Allow plenty of time for your scheduled hair and makeup appointments
- Allow at least 2 hours for dressing
- Bring the rings and marriage license
And MOST IMPORTANTLY, take a long deep breath and relax and enjoy your day!